Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can I apply a water based paint to epoxy water based kit?

I purchased a cream colored epoxy kit for my new shop because they did not have the color I was looking for. I was wondering if I could add a couple of tablespoons to the part A mixture (which is water based) to get the desired color or at least close to the wall colors. I am trying to macth a deep purple but a lilac (light) would be fine. My question is:





Would this be dangerous or harful, vapor wise, mixing chemicals and such, etc.





Has anyone done this before and what was the outcome?





Thanks everyone!Can I apply a water based paint to epoxy water based kit?
Epoxy and water don't mix.


I assume it's like the epoxies that I work with daily.


The resin and the catalyst won't properly bond with materials not specifically designed for the epoxy.


I made a very expensive mistake epoxying something on a surface without completely drying the area.Can I apply a water based paint to epoxy water based kit?
Never done it but I would not think it would be too big an issue.





Maybe look into getting colored flakes instead. Or, having a paint store put in tint.

No comments:

Post a Comment