Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I have a wood subfloor shop. I would like to finish the shop floor. Any recom? Can a person use epoxy paint

I would like a cheap way to finish the floor. I am looking at rubber mats, epoxy finish, wood floor. How do you finish it?I have a wood subfloor shop. I would like to finish the shop floor. Any recom? Can a person use epoxy paint
If you want to paint the floor, get a good outdoor deck paint. This will stand up to wear nicely. Also you could try a rubberized floor like they have at the gym. This would pad the floor, making it more comfortable to stand and would also help to dampen any power tool noise you might make.





If this is your workshop, I would stay away from any kind of carpet. You'll get pretty sick of vacuuming dust and scrubbing grease out of carpet.I have a wood subfloor shop. I would like to finish the shop floor. Any recom? Can a person use epoxy paint
I would paint it with wood paint or use cork flooring. This will also muffle the sound of powertools.
I probably wouldn't try epoxy paint. You can get wood paints, but with traffic the paints will chip and look horrible. Depending on your budget, you can get cheap laminate tiles (stick on). This should be durable enough for traffic. Also, a funky suggestion, but you can lay out the fake astroturf that people use on balconies, patios, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment