Sunday, February 21, 2010

I washed my hand with Jasco Paint & Epoxy Remover....?

I just remember about 3 years ago, I did some painting around the house (I was 16 - 17 years old back then and wasn't very smart). After the paint job I got some paint on my hand so I decided to wash it off with a paint thinner.


Jasco's paint thinner was the only one around so I decided to use that. I'd say I used it to take the paint off my hands 4 - 5 times altogether (then washing it with water thoroughly afterwards).


However every time I used it, it made little cracks on the skin. I was wondering how harmful is it really? Does it kill your brain cells like lead does?


I noticed the printed warnings on the outside of the can says it's pretty dangerous.I washed my hand with Jasco Paint %26amp; Epoxy Remover....?
The warning labels on various products are usually mandated by state and/or federal governments.





The cracks are caused from your skin drying out...many types of solvents dries the oil out of your skin.





Since you've not been making a habit out of it, you should be OK. I'm a few years older than you, have also used various solvents to remove paints from my skin %26amp; my brain seems to still function pretty well.








Good luck...I washed my hand with Jasco Paint %26amp; Epoxy Remover....?
What kind of paint?latex?Latex will come off with just soap and water.Stain,mineral spirits/paint thinner.Ask at local paint supply stores.Try hand lotion,your skin is drying out some.
W.c. has it right, after washing, use some lotion and this will help. I still use itt aand i donn't thinc thaat ii have anny brane prrobbablemms.
I have ben bathing in paint thinner for 30 years. Ain't dead yet.
Don't worry about it and don't do that anymore. When I was 17, I pumped gas at a full service gas station and worked in the shop. At that time, we all washed the grease off our hands -- every day -- with regular, leaded gas (unleaded had not yet been invented). My hands seem to be drier than average during the winter, probably due to that. Put some vaseline type lotion on your hands as needed to relieve the dryness.
  • wrestlers myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment