Thursday, February 18, 2010

Epoxy paint to refinish tubs/sinks - anyone tried this, and what were your results???

I am moving in a couple of weeks to rent an older house and the bathroom needs some major TLC, but I don't want to spend a ton of money since I am only renting.





I know the tub is not going to come out looking brand new, I just want it to look nicer then it is now, as it's old. Has anyone ever used this and what were your results. Where I live I can get it for $30 and should do the tub and sink.Epoxy paint to refinish tubs/sinks - anyone tried this, and what were your results???
It could last for a while but after that the tub will need replacement or look even worse, so you better ask landlord or you may lose deposit. You might be better off dealing with it as is until you can convince the landlord to put in a new tub or you move.Epoxy paint to refinish tubs/sinks - anyone tried this, and what were your results???
thanks for points cranky:-)

Report Abuse



I bought that kind of epoxy paint intending to use it for a laundry tub. I never worked up the enthusiasm to use it because I just don't know that I could get that tub clean-enough for the epoxy to stick well. I don't think I would try it on a bathtub that I would have to look at every day. If it works I would be interested in hearing about it.
I did my mother's counter tops in her kitchen years ago and it held up fine for 2 years (we remodeled...again). I would try it out on just the sink for a month or two and see how it holds up. If it does...then do the tub. I'm also assuming you have your landlord's permission. Any big-box home improvement store or paint store will carry epoxy paint. It's been too long to remember the cost.
I used it on a fiberglass molded sink, and it worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment