Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can I paint my walls before the basement floor (epoxy paint)?

I need to wait for the concrete putty to dry on the floor. I've already etched/degreased the floor. I'm planning on painting the floor with 2-part epoxy. I wanted to paint the walls with latex paint while I wait. Will this ruin the floor with me walking on it with socks? I want to get it down before the weather gets too cold for open windows. thanksCan I paint my walls before the basement floor (epoxy paint)?
Yes,,,just walk gently on it. Put painters cloth down first so the cement can breath.





Plastic drop cloths may stick to the concert putty.





I have had so much fun working with concrete floors it is endless what you can do to them and the effects you can get.





One floor that I did after giving it my own mixture of color is after it was totally dry I took a neat lettered stencil and used it in special places on the floor.





I put these in discrete places to add an artful experience to the floor.





I stenciled ';Joy'; at the beginning of the stairway going up to the bedrooms.


Life is Grand


Peace on Earth


You can write what ever your feelings are.


It turned out really great.





Have a blast!


What a fun project!


PeaceCan I paint my walls before the basement floor (epoxy paint)?
lay thick plastic down on the floor first

No comments:

Post a Comment