Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can i get some help putting down epoxy paint?

I've scrubed with paint remover and still have some small amounts of primer and drylock that WON'T come up. I have to mop with water and then later etch it. What happens if I can't get everything up? I've had a steel brush at it for ours. Any other tips for how to use epoxy paint so it last for quite a while, thanks.Can i get some help putting down epoxy paint?
With the means you have used to remove the primer and drylock to this point, the epoxy should not have a problem adhering to the surface you are painting. I can't tell for sure what it is that you are painting but I am assuming a floor since you mentioned the acid etching. If this is the case, the only problem I see is if the drylock is causing a problem texture wise preventing you from getting a smooth surface, other than that I don't believe it will cause the paint to flake or peel. If it is a floor that has not been painted before, make sure your acid etching is good enough to get the floor to a sandpaper-like texture enabling the epoxy to have a profile enabling proper physical bonding. After painting allow more than enough time for the paint film to cure. These two things will help prevent failure and are key to a long lasting finish. I would tell you more if I knew more about the particular situation. Good Luck.
  • military loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment