Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can I paint over Por-15 Rust Treatment with automotive Epoxy Primer?

I am using Por-15 to coat the inner core of the doors and I'm thinking of coating the door jams as well, althought the jams will be painted later with the rest of the car, a 1964 Impala SSCan I paint over Por-15 Rust Treatment with automotive Epoxy Primer?
Follow the instructions on the can...por15 is particular about topcoating...their regular rust converter must be topcoated if it is to be exposed to sun/uv light and it must be done before the base dries /when still tacky or it will flake off(i know from experience unfortunately) .Can I paint over Por-15 Rust Treatment with automotive Epoxy Primer?
I won't stop you......
por recomends there primer. and as tough as the stuff is it would be to your advantage to use it. you can go on there website and get the answer you want

No comments:

Post a Comment