Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who has experience resurfacing their own pool using an epoxy paint?

I have an in-ground concrete pool with staining problems. I am looking for anyone with experience using an epoxy paint to resurface their pool. Please tell me about your experiences. I already plan on draining my pool to fix a cyanuric acid problem I having so I thought it was worth looking into painting the pool myself while I have it empty.Who has experience resurfacing their own pool using an epoxy paint?
After you drain the pool do a acid wash and water mix in a sprayer, start at deep end doing the walls first down to the drain, then work your way out of the pool. As you wash let set a short time then rinse with water after your done pump out what you can of the water, finish removing the water til completely dry, pick your color and paint from deep to shallow.


Your pool was plastered with a product called Marcite and when the pool was finished it was washed the same way i described before filling. Maybe the acid wash will take care of the staining and you won't have to paint.Who has experience resurfacing their own pool using an epoxy paint?
DO NOT EPOXY YOUR CONCREAT POOL, YOU WILL RUIN IT.


The plaster that was used in the construction of your pool will fail if you use epoxy. You need to replaster the pool about evry twenty years or so. Call you local pool contractor and have him look at the staining problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment