Thursday, February 18, 2010

What color should I paint my walls in the basement. The floor is tan Epoxy flooring?

';Humble Gold'; by Sherwin Williams.What color should I paint my walls in the basement. The floor is tan Epoxy flooring?
a light color, as basements are usually darkWhat color should I paint my walls in the basement. The floor is tan Epoxy flooring?
White, to reflect light.
Basements are typically not famous for having lots of natural light....so you want to stick to the lighter colors on the color wheel.


You dont have to paint all the walls white, but lightening up the space is a must.


I suggest picking two colors so that the space isn't so monochromatic (one color). For the long walls use the light color and for the shorter walls on opposite sides use a dark dramatic color that will match what you plan to have in the space. I picture basements as gray dungeon type places so I would stay away from grays.


A vivid green for the accent walls would be great...because it would bring a sense of nature into the space. The other walls could be a light brown or tan color. The reason I suggest these colors is because then you could bring in some natural elements into the space to make it feel very homey and cozy.


You could also go to the paint store and pick a paint color selection where there are about five variations of the same color on one card. You could then choose a light and dark version from that card so that you know they will compliment each other. Use the dark for two walls and light for the other two.


Be creative. A basement is a big fun space to design. Just make good plans and budget before you start so that you know which direction your heading and will not over spend. It is very easy to overspend once you get going. Dont be afraid to go to the Closeout stores and Dollar stores to fill the room with accessories.


Good luck! :o)
A tan, a few shades lighter than the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment