Thursday, February 18, 2010

Has anyone use Berh VS Quikrete epoxy for garage floor paint?

I'm trying to decide which to use, Berh or Quikrete kit to paint my garage floor. Both are 2-part epoxy kit. Any recommendation, suggest or tip for painting the garage floor would be great. Thanks!Has anyone use Berh VS Quikrete epoxy for garage floor paint?
I used the Behr 1 part epoxy for my kitchen floor. I acid washed the concrete and applied a concrete bonding primer. I then applied 2 coats of paint using a small sponge roller and letting dry for 24 hours. Last coat I used a 3/8'; nap roller and sprinkled the flakes as I painted a 3' x 3' area. I let the paint cure for 72 hours and then sealed it with ZEP floor sealer(step 2) 3 coats with 30 minutes between coats. After that 3 coats of ZEP high traffic floor finish(step 3). I applied the sealer with a grout sponge and put it in a plastic bag in the fridge between coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment