Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How long does it take for an epoxy paint to dry before I can put the second layer on?

After the second layer, how long does it take to completly dry?How long does it take for an epoxy paint to dry before I can put the second layer on?
I have just painted my garage floor with a 2 part epoxy paint. This was applied during a cool day. It took this about 12 hours to cure, not sticky to the touch. We then waited another day before parking the car in the garage.


Why are you applying 2 coats, normally epoxy paint is applied so that only one coat is needed. Any unused paint from the first coat has to be discarded because it is curing in the can as you applly it.How long does it take for an epoxy paint to dry before I can put the second layer on?
Without reading the instructions on the can, I would give it 24 hours. Epoxy doesn't dry...it cures. I know, it's the same thing, but curing takes longer. Just to be safe go with 24 hours between coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment